I agree with Troy.. similar things will happen with other tags in cobo with
jquery.. essentially you're getting collision on the js library end. You
can usually see this happening from the browser's perspective if you run
something like firebug with the console debugger on. Try to break out your
display -- is there a way you could work with a standard div?

-Steve