This is called "distributed mode". I haven't done this since the JRun days
and this configuration seems far less common now than it use to be. More
frequently today I seem to see something like NGINX configured in proxy
mode in front of CF instead, cutting IIS/Apache from the picture entirely.

Are you just looking for general information on how to set it up or have
specific questions?

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress