Is there a loadhandler in the mix? 8 to 4 is heavy corporate use - maybe
the site has grown in traffic over time, and now during peak hours it's
getting shifted over to another box with slightly different code? Or the
session info isn't getting passed over along with the http request? Is
there a CFLocation in the process someplace? That can screw up a
cookie-write.  Does it start happening at 8am sharp? Never at 7:59, 8:01,
etc?

--Sean