On September 2, 2017 2:32:03 PM GMT+03:00, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro>
wrote:
>So that is not really discrimination, that is just matching a problem
>with a solution.

Exactly. You can't judge Outreachy and similar efforts in vacuum. You have to
put them in perspective within the bigger picture of Open Source projects or
Tech industry in general. Where we see extended discrimination against women
and LGBT people.

Where I live (Greece) we have many initiatives that try to help refugees. I'd
be surprised if people start opposing these efforts on the ground of
discrimination against native people. And if you isolate them, you may end up
in that conclusion. But if you see the bigger picture (how EU countries treat
refugees) you realize that these initiatives are actually a fight against
discrimination and racism.

~nikos