Re. “the internet fundamental disagrees with me” — hey, if you’re talking to the internet, can you please ask it to post the recording of Bradley Kuhn’s LibrePlanet talk? Information wants to be free, right?
But seriously, as long as I’m getting double emails about #RiseUp!!1 and so on, I’m on a new list. Re-read the excerpt from the subscription confirmation e-mail (“ignore this and nothing will happen”) and you’ll see misinformation in the name of what I’ll generously call vigilante justice. I will say it’s that too bad that FSF is in tumult and changed it’s terms to prevent the occasional murder/execution conspiracy claim. I guess it’s also entertaining to see so much righteous indignation and the occasional assassination speculation. But in practical terms..., I’m glad to see Daniel’s conduct and this list referred to as spam. On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 10:36 PM Christopher Waid <[email protected]> wrote: > On 2019-09-30 01:06 AM, Florian Snow wrote: > > On September 30, 2019 12:06:37 AM GMT+02:00, Christopher Waid > > <[email protected]> wrote: > >> This is like saying because I setup a new server > > > > That is not what happened. > > > > > >> In any event none of this theoretical chatter > >> matters much. You are on > >> the internet and the internet fundamentally > >> disagrees with you. It's > >> not the law that matters because the law > >> differs from place to place and we > >> are all in different places. It's fundamentally > >> how the internet works > >> that matters and the fact you are on two lists > >> now is evidence of that fact. > > > > According to this, everything that factually happens, is OK. > > Of course not. What I was saying was relative to the internet. > > > Awesome! > > So if someone hires a hitman online, only the hitman can be legally > > charged. > > If a hitman commits murder than yes- the hitman should be charged. > > > Spam, > > I have no issue with spam. You can't stop it and you agreed to it by > utilizing the very nature of the technology. Anything you do via law is > through the use of violence and that is morally wrong. Spam isn't going > to kill you. > > > DDoS attacks, > > Same thing. I'd not encourage it. Nor would I encourage spam. However it > is part of what you agree to when getting online. > > > copying data without consent, > > I'm not even sure this makes any sense. What is it even mean? A copy > certainly isn't theft. No. > > > all OK because they factually happen. > > Nope. You left out the whole internet part. > > > > > If only the real world was like this: We could punch or stab each > > other and it would be OK because it happened. Oh, wait, perhaps we > > introduced laws to avoid that situation, and perhaps that is also why > > we we live by rules in society that do not depend on laws. > > _______________________________________________ > > Discussion mailing list > > [email protected] > > https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/listinfo/discussion > _______________________________________________ > Discussion mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/listinfo/discussion >
_______________________________________________ Discussion mailing list [email protected] https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/listinfo/discussion
