On 22/05/2021 21:17, Adrienne G. Thompson wrote:

> Danny,
>

>     The obsession with Molly as the alleged root cause of the movement's
>     decline also seems quite desperate.
>

> Who is obsessed with Molly? We are concerned with proxies for corporate
> vultures, not Molly per se.
>
>         > Also, it seems to me that unlike many large, widespread, and
>         popular
>         > social movements with millions of people making history, the Free
>         > Software cause is like a small secret club with a few dozen
>         individuals
>         > struggling to be relevant or useful. Am I wrong?
>
>         That is what Molly is trying to achieve, yes
>
>         Through her complete lack of relevance and ability as a developer
>

> I'm not against anyone without coding ability contributing to the
> Community. In fact, we don't have enough of a contribution from those
> who have complementary skills. Those who, for example, can help us
> organise and manage the administrative demands of producing and
> distributing software. Such skills are often outside the mindset of
> hackers/engineers. Molly made significant administrative contributions
> to Libre Planet.
>
> I do, however, object to anyone using their "contributions' as a
> platform to launch false and malicious attacks claiming to represent
> women who do code.

At Debian Community News, we also recognize the immense contributions
from many people who do not code

We thank Molly for the occasions where she made positive contributions

Nonetheless, these contributions do not give anybody the right to make a
Gemlich letter a.k.a. RMS Open Letter

We recognize the possibility that Molly was not acting alone and she was
manipulated or used as a stooge to create the Gemlich letter 2.0