Hi Scott!

Am Sonntag, den 01.10.2006, 19:33 -0400 schrieb Scott Ullrich:
> We already run ftp-sesame for bridged interfaces.

Yes, I saw that. So what are the experiences with it? Is it advisable to
use it? Only asking for interest, since it seems that I don't have any
choice at all. What about supporting it in pfsense for FTP servers where
no NAT is needed?

>On 10/1/06, Peter Allgeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The solution is to use ftpsesame where NAT isn't needed. Is there any
> > good way to find out when this is the case? Would drop down list with an
> > explanation -- like the one from above? -- on interfaces_wan.php be
> > enough? We could call it:
> >
> > ---< schnipp>---
> > FTP Helper
> > [x] Enable userland FTP-Proxy application
> >    | use ftpsesame
> >    v use ftp-proxy
> >
> > Note:
> > In general, ftpsesame is a good choice to run on a firewall in front of
> > (multiple) FTP server(s), where no NAT is involved.
> >
> > ftp-proxy is usually the best choice when the FTP server lies behind a
> > NAT device. You'll need to configure port forwarding for that.
> > ---< schnapp>---

BR, PIT

 copyleft(c) by |           /*  * Buddy system. Hairy. You really aren't
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     expected to understand this  *  */   --