Am Dienstag, den 03.10.2006, 13:03 -0400 schrieb Scott Ullrich:
> Yes, but the filter reloads yet again on final bootup, and it is the
> final thing to run, and you could work your magic at this point.
Scott, forget it. When I'm telling you that it doesn't work when it's
definitly not working that way.

> The goal here is to satisfy 99% of the users, which we have done.   If
> someone really wants a FTP server on their dmz, then they can open up
> the port range that is required by the FTP server.
No. Before I'm opening such a port range, I'll forbit ftp at all.

> Maybe because its linux?  FreeBSD != Linux, but I am sure you know this.
Thanks for the hint. Bill's description was what I was looking for.

> See above, DMZ's should simply punch the port range open on the firewall.
And I'm telling you NO. If there's one better solution we should try
that. Nethertheless, let's keep an eye on this for 1.1.

BR, PIT

 copyleft(c) by |           "Even more amazing was the realization that
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     God has Internet access. I wonder if He has