Sorry.... do you plan to use snort as IDS or as IPS?
I think that the former should be easier to implement as a package, but the latter is the direction to follow, in a long term project. Few days ago I saw StillSecure Strataguard, and I found that their interface/approach to IPS is very good...
If you like to go in that direction, I'll be pleased to help..at least for what I can do...

On 10/3/06, Scott Ullrich < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/20/06, Scott Ullrich < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There is no IDS package with no intention on creating one.  We are
> waiting for you all to step up to the plate.

I somewhat lied about this.  For some reason after seeing your post
something clicked in my head and I spent a good 35 hours on a IDS
package.

Upgrade to 1.0-RC3a and you will now find Snort in our packages area.

Scott
PS: it appears that I also have a sponsor for the package.  Will post
more information once I secure the funds.