RB wrote:
it sees the entire switch as a single interface (fxp0, in this case).
This is correct as you are connected to a switch port (the internal).

As things stand, devices on separate ports are capable of communicating with
each other, but the traffic is unseen on fxp0.
Well, this is the normal behaviour of a switch...
If you would see the traffic between devices it would be a hub.

I don't know in detail the Intel chip you are using but I guess you will not be
able to control anything on it.
Is like connecting a "dumb" external 5 ports switch.

regards

Daniele Guazzoni
Senior Network Engineer, CCNP, CCNA

Linux and AMD-x86_64 or do you still with Windows and Intel ?

dangerous content by MailGate, and is
believed to be clean.