Chris Buechler wrote:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Mark Dueck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I got an opportunity today to provide a business with 5 locations with a
VPN solution.  My intention is to use pfSense with openVPN, but I'm not
sure of the hardware.  Should I go with a Soekris board, or a minibox?
Or got for the cheapest Dell rack mount server?

What kind of Internet throughput and VPN throughput is required?

See also:
http://www.pfsense.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=49

Throughput will be minimal.  From 512Kbps to 2Mbps max.  I guess my biggest concern is stability.  I have lab tested the Soekris 4801 with openVPN to have throughput of up to 3MB/s, so it should be fine for these locations, but I'm just a little unsure of a 'business critical' decision and wanted some input.