I have a Trixbox VOIP PBX behind a pfSense v1.2.2.  I'm having what I
believe to be traffic shaping problems.

Overview:  We have a T-1, which tests to be about 1300/1300 kbps.

Symptoms:  When I download a large file and max our download speed,
VOIP will garble.  This is even with the traffic shaper turned on and
setup via the wizard.  Whats even more strange is that ping latency to
the INTERNAL interface of the pfSense from an internal machine jumps
significantly when are large download is running.

Can anyone explain this behavior or how it can be resolved?  I need
the VOIP calls to remain smooth for their duration, no matter what
load users attempt to put on the WAN connection.  Thanks.

Joe LaGreca
Founder & Owner, BIG Net Online
619-393-1733 x200 Office
619-318-3246 Cell