>    at some later stage.  Go to a /22 if you're worried about running out.

> What can be some of the problems with a private /16 address space?

The same thing that's happening now because GE, Xerox, HP, DEC, Apple, and Ford
were given /8's  :D

<g>

Who knows, you could run into a situation where you need to VPN connect this
location with another that uses a 192.168.x address that is encompassed in your
/16 designation, but wouldn't have been in a /23.  It's always easier to grow
than it is to shrink.

BTW, I like the vlan solution too, gives you more control.

Regards,
Adrian