I found this pair of articles with the above title very interesting.
It basically goes over several issues explaining why clients don't
talk about OS in their organizations. Something I have experienced
first hand.
Back 3 years ago we wrote an article about a local bank that started to
use Perl in one of their critical applications. While we got approval from
the lower levels of the organizations we suddenly received a call from
one of the managers to stop the article from being publicized.
They did not want to see their name in connection with some Perl
application even though they got it from IBM, their hardware vendor.

http://insight.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,39020463,39238437,00.htm
http://insight.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,39020463,39238434,00.htm

While these articles explain some of the reasons, it does not say much
on how can we encourage more organizations to talk about their use
of Open Source technologies.

I think one of the reasons people would start to talk about it if it turned
out to be cool or sexy or modern to use Open Source and by publicizing
use of Open Source one would get higher evaluation from his/her peers.

Forming a HaMakor award for the managers who make the move?
Opening a HaMakor club for manegers who encourage (or allow?) use of
OS in their organization?

Gabor