If you want something more complex and scalable go with Drupal (and
there is a chance that other drupal community members might help you).
If you really want to harness the power of the larger community go
with wordpress.
Movabletype seems to me to be a bad choice just because size of
community while if you need something that scale from a functional
point of view there will be more support using drupal
my 0.0.2 cents
Lior

On Oct 17, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Since I didn't get any reply to my last replies about this topic, I
> think I'll
> go with MovableType because it what seems to be the best solution at
> the
> moment. I'll probably install it under http://www.iglu.org.il/mt/ ,
> etc.
>
> If you think I'm wrong with this decision and should choose
> WordPress or
> something else, please reply to my previous replies, and let me know
> why I am
> wrong. If you agree with my points, also please reply to support me.
> But
> silence is considered as equivalent to an acceptance.
>
> So speak now, or forever hold your peace.
>
> Regards,
>
>       Shlomi Fish
>
> On Thursday 24 Sep 2009 23:56:01 Shlomi Fish wrote:
>> Hi Lior!
>>
>> On Wednesday 23 Sep 2009 20:43:52 Lior Kesos wrote:
>>> I think the main issue, which is even more important then security
>>> is
>>> the size of the potential volunteering base.
>>> This issue was demonstrated lately on the work on august penguins
>>> site
>>> and the work on the hamakor site.
>>> I (Drupal Geek and wearer of many drupal shirts) wanted to help
>>> build
>>> the Hamakor site in Drupal, but eventually Gilad was fed up of me
>>> being to busy to actually contribute and thus built it in wordpress.
>>> They are WAY more people that can help out based on wordpress and I
>>> believe that this should be done in the simplest CMS around with the
>>> biggest user base(hence wordpress).
>>
>> If I understand you correctly, you say that we should pick up the
>> dominant
>> solution with the largest user base. However, I can say the same
>> about
>> dominant solutions in other fields such as PHP, MySQL, or Microsoft
>> Windows. "Everyone knows Windows, so that's what we should use this
>> because it's the dominant solution."
>>
>> Brain-share in the market is an important consideration, but not
>> the only
>> one. It's not hard to train people in adding new posts to a
>> different CMS
>> - it's usually very simple. But we should not give in to the
>> prevalence of
>> WordPress (or whatever) and not consider solutions that are better,
>> just
>> because they are less popular.
>>
>> Please let me know if I understood you.
>>
>>> There are many people that can subscribe to security rss for
>>> wordpress
>>> or upgrade the plugin, I think that we are missing is people that
>>> will
>>> create content and there are many people with that affiliation in
>>> the
>>> wordpress community.
>>
>> From my experience, eventually it ends up with very few people
> [...]

Lior Kesos - http://www.linnovate.net
Linnovate - Community Infrastructure Care
mail: l...@linnovate.net
office: +972 722500881
cell: +972 524305252
skype: liorkesos