On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:42:58AM -0600, Steve G. wrote:
> I meant that Oracle is sponsoring training on Oracle products, not Open
> Source...
>
> MS has a complete universe of people who benefit from them, including
> companies creating workaround for bugs and missing features (memory
> optimizers, active directory cleaners, disk cleaners, data cleaners, etc.).

The certification business is a profitable one for Microsoft, Cisco,
Novell, RedHat, and others.

There is a whole universe of people who benefit from {Novell,RedHat,Linux},
including companies creating workaround for bugs and missing features.

> Oracle has training in usage of its DB, programming languages, etc. Linux
> has nothing of the sort, except for RHCE, Suse certifications, etc.

So people learn how to use Linux out of thin air? Through telepathy[1]?

> Each one of these businesses is an ambassador for MS - they WANT you to use
> Windows, so they can train you or sell you their goods.

The same applies to Linux. And to FreeBSD. And to MacOSX. And whatever.

Linus the Evil wants to take over the world, you know.

[1] Anybody providing courses via Instant Messaging?

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best