Hi Tzafrir,

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 23:27:01 +0000
Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 01:11:35AM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>
> > Installing Ikiwiki involved chasing some CPAN dependencies, which was not as
> > straightforward because I'm a Mageia Linux packager and am committed to
> > packaging them as Mageia .rpms, but it was doable based on the perl-Ikiwiki
> > rpm from Fedora. (Should be easier if your distribution already packaged it
> > or if you just use cpan/cpanm/CPANPLUS).
>
> Isn't there an automated cpan2rpm package genrator?

there is more than one:

http://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/wrappers-for-distributions/

On Mageia I like to use cpan2pkg (porting its toolchain to
Debian/Ubuntu/MEPIS/Mint/etc. will be welcome).

But it was still somewhat time consuming. Like I said if you just use cpan or
cpanm it should be quicker to run.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish