You can use PmWiki, which is in php, can be used with or without mysql or
another database, is very easy to maintain, can be edited online.

It has multi-level granularity, you can give people access to edit
individual pages or groups of pages, etc. As far as I remember it has 3-4
permission levels, from read permission, to edit, to approve pages (for
editors/admins) to set passwords and administer the system.

I have been using it for years without any problems and I am far from an
advanced user, coder or sysadmin. I am sure there are other light footprint
and established wikis.

Z.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Amir Eldor <amir.el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Shlomi and CC'ed list,
>
> We have started playing around with IkiWiki on one of our servers. As I
> see it, there's a drawback of tough installation and possibly annoying
> maintenance. Not sure if I will have enough time to deal with bugs or
> problems in a timely manner if we are not to use HaMakor's funds for paid
> IkiWiki services. The good things about IkiWiki is the ability to edit the
> wiki online and its plugin system (although I'm not sure what plugins we
> need).
>
> The alternative is to not shoot myself in the leg by using a Perl system
> for the job (although Shlomi likes Perl) and use a different solution
> instead. Two possibles are either making a small compiler-script that
> converts Markdown/whatever to HTML and version it with git/whatever. This
> is pretty close to using the second alternative which is something like the
> Ruby based like "serve <http://get-serve.com/>". The +'s, easier to
> administer than IkiWiki. The -'s, no online editing. The ?'s - do we want
> Wiki-like editing on Linux.org.il? or can we settle down with having the
> sources on GitHub/BItBucket and accepting pull-requests instead of wiki
> edits?
>
> Would like to hear your input,
>   Amir

Sincerely,