First: I apologize for posting in English on a German board. I'm currently
learning a bit of German but I haven't gotten much past "Das Mädchen isst
ein Ei" so I suspect the average reader here has better English than my German.

I've made a new ergonomic layout called Qwpr
(https://sourceforge.net/p/qwpr/wiki/Home/) which is similar to Neo in having
a second shift level on capslock which allows accessing punctuation (for more-
ergonomic programming) and arrow keys. In fact, I was not aware of neo when I
made this layout, so I actually independently invented these advances. Qwpr
also has a few advantages that Neo doesn't:

    - Easy-to-learn coming from Qwerty; only 11 keys move, and 9 of those
    remain on the same finger.
    - Includes custom-built dead key layouts for over 1000 possible unicode
    output symbols or combinations.
          - That means it's usable internationally, not just German/English.
          For instance, there's easy access to "ç", "ñ", "¿", and similar
          characters, and even things like "ð" and "ž" are available.

I wouldn't expect anyone who's already converted to Neo to switch, but I'm
posting this here for greater publicity, and also because there's a few things
I've done which may be of common interest:

    - I figured out some tricks for PKL. For instance, if you want to output
    control-→ for moving an entire word, you can use "*{}^{right}".
    - I've made a couple of comparisons of different keyboards:
                https://sourceforge.net/p/qwpr/wiki/Comparison/ and
                https://sourceforge.net/p/qwpr/wiki/effortComparison/

I'd be happy to get any comments you might have.

Thanks,
Jameson

ps. If you look at the current version of the layout, the dead key for German
accents like "ü" and "ß" is on altgr-shift-quote (⌥⇧"). I'm planning to move
that to unmodified semicolon (;), but I haven't finished those changes for
uploading yet. The good thing about semicolon as a dead key is that in normal
typing (both programming and text) it's almost always followed by a whitespace
character. Therefore, if you make it produce a normal ";" when combined with
such characters, you can use it with the rest of the keyboard for dead keys.
Also, because this is the key for ":", it is a natural mnemonic for
umlaut/trema/diaeresis.

Antwort per Email an