Ed,

Thank you so much for the reply.  Your time and help is appreciated.

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Ed Webb
Sent: Sat 10/27/2007 4:11
To: displaytag-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [displaytag-user] 2-Questions on Pagination Functionality

Savoy, Melinda wrote:

> I am new to the use of DisplayTag. I am trying to evaluate this
> product to see if we can use it in the next phase of our project.
>
> I just downloaded the WAR file and I'm looking specifically at the
> pagination functionality.
>
> We have 2 questions:
>
> 1. Is it possible to modify the navigation? To be more specific,
> instead of having text for the FIRST/PREVIOUS and NEXT/LAST text can
> we exchange for the following text "<< <" 1, 2, 3, ..."> >>"
> respectively?

Yes you can modify the paging banner by adding a paging.banner.full
property to your displaytag property file:

<http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/configuration.html>

> 2. Within the table, is it possible to have 2 lines displayed? In our
> resultset some of the records may have a DESCRIPTION FIELD that should
> go on the second line of a record in the table.

You would need to use a decorator to handle this. Adding the following
code would add an extra description row to your table:

public String finishRow() {
    return "<tr><td colspan\"10\">" +
((MyClass)this.getCurrentRowObject()).getDescription() + "</td></tr>";
}

<http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/tut_decorators.html>

Ed!

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.

<<winmail.dat>>