Thanks for response, I would appreciate if someone can explain a little bit
more in detail.

>From the documentation and your response, I figured that I need to have a
decorator for each of the media types PDF/CSV etc.
Do we have any  ready-made decorators to do this job?

I tried including

    <display:setProperty name="decorator.media.html"
value="org.displaytag.sample.decorators.HtmlTotalWrapper" />
    <display:setProperty name="decorator.media.pdf"
value="org.displaytag.sample.decorators.ItextTotalWrapper" />

in my displaytable tag, anticipating that it would render the pdf properly
without inserting html in it.
I am using a list of DataTransfer objects to be rendered by displaytag.
When I run with these setting, it complains that ReportableListObject is not
expecting a DTO object, perhaps a ClassCastException.

Thanks,
Nallan