Ed,

I'm getting 2 warnings that I cannot seem to resolve.  I'm running on
Java 6 using Eclipse 3.2.2

Both of these warning are located in org/displaytag/render

1st warning:

The argument of type String[] should explicitly be cast to Object[] for
the invocation of the varargs method format(String, Object...) from type
MessageFormat. It could alternatively be cast to Object for a varargs
invocation

The code is as follows in method writeExportLinks() (line 618):

[code]
String[] exportOptions = {buffer.toString()};
        write(MessageFormat.format(this.properties.getExportBanner(),
exportOptions));
[/code]

2nd Warning:

Type safety: The method put(Object, Object) belongs to the raw type Map.
References to generic type Map<K,V> should be parameterized

The code is as follows in method getOpenTag() (line 632):

[code]
Map localAttributeMap = (Map) attributeMap.clone();
            localAttributeMap.put(TagConstants.ATTRIBUTE_ID, this.uid);
[/code]

ANY help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Melinda Savoy
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Financial Applications - Enterprise Systems

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.