[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On 16 Apr 2004, Dan Kegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Because the real world is too messy, maybe I'll use a simplified
model of gcc to test my three or four hypotheses about
bottlenecks in distcc on shared clusters of workstations.

You could also use the benchmark script in the source distribution.
It has a Gentoo-style setup to build various packages, each of which
has a slightly different balance of work.  It shouldn't be too hard to
get going.

Nah, too close to real world for the first step. Very good idea once I finish learning from the synthetic benchmarks, though. - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com