Martin Pool wrote:
That sounds like the way Microsoft thought when they were designing
ActiveX!

There's no call for that sort of language. :-)

Yeah, sorry, I knew I was hitting below the belt!

I think what you have is just timidness, rather than well-founded
concern.

Probably. As long as the user has to affirmatively give an option or use a special command to get the sticky daemon, it's probably ok.

Where is the hole?  Or, in what way is automatically starting the
daemon when an option is given any different from starting it
manually?

People don't like it when you do things behind their back, that's all. (I especially hate library functions that silently create threads. I may be projecting here.)

- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com