Martin Pool wrote:
Alexandre had a plan to put the source directory into the .i file to
fix the debug symbols. Maybe this should ride on that?

I think the first line of the .i has the absolute path that needs to go into the .da file, maybe that will do.

(Heh.  Notice my nefarious plan to eventually speed things
up and allow whole-program optimization by sending across
multiple .i files to the remote compiler in one request someday?)

The only flexibility missing from protocol-3, I think, is jobs that
need to have files operated upon by several successive commands.

That's going to be interesting.

But I see you're right; uploading muliple files is totally
there with protocol-3.

And I agree that the client should specify which files to retrieve.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com