On Monday 31 January 2005 09:35, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Is this on purpose, because doing otherwise isn't possible? Looks quite
> clear to me that feeding the distant host with preprocessed data as we
> generate it, rather than afterwards, would represent a substantial gain.
> Again, I wouldn't know how to change the code to do this, if only this
> is possible at all, but would benchmark any test patch you would come up
> with.

I believe the gain to be minimal but there is a problem with this way of doing
things (except the added complexity and code) what happends when the
pre-processing fails? Isn't it better to be sure the pre-processing succeeded
before starting? you'll also have to compress on the fly. Some algorithms
work better with the whole data than bits and pieces.

Cheers, Nadim.
__
distcc mailing list            http://distcc.samba.org/
To unsubscribe or change options: