On 09/07/2006, at 1:20 AM, James Stanley wrote:

Hello,
How would I compile my program with distcc?
That's not as daft as it sounds.
I don't use makefiles as it's a relatively small project and I think it's an
unnecessary complication. I have a file compile.sh.

In that file is a few configuring lines and a compile line:
g++ -o rakentia ./*.cpp -Wall
`allegro-config --libs` -I/usr/include/zoidcom -L/usr/lib/zoidcom/ libzoidcom.so

It's a game.

How would I make this compile over the network, what is the equivalent of j8
for distcc?

Either:

Split the compilation into one invocation per source file, run them all in the background, then wait for them to finish before linking.

Or:

Bite the bullet and convert to using Make or a Make-replacement like Scons.

--
Martin