Hello,

I solved the path issue. It had to do with the fact that I had different compiler paths on my local machine and the cluster, and that our build system used an absolute path for the compiler. I had forgotten about this snag.

Once I fixed that, the trick of using a wrapper script to cause "distccd" to be migrated to a worker node seems to work very well. From the external network, it appears as if we only have the head node as a worker, but the wrapper makes sure that each daemon runs on a separate worker node.

The "beo_distccd" script I ended up using is this:

  #!/bin/sh
  DISTCCD=/opt/scratch/distcc/bin/distccd
  # Currently use only nodes 3 and 4 for testing
HOST=`beomap --no-local --exclude '0:1:2:5:6:7:8:9:10:11:12:13:14:15:16:17:18'`
  bpsh -L $HOST $DISTCCD $*

On my desktop:

export [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/opt/scratch/distcc/bin/beo_distccd

-- Marcio