Ian Bicking <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I don't know how easy pycurl is to install -- I wonder in practice
> if command-line interaction with curl would be easier to get people
> to install (pycurl doesn't appear to have up-to-date windows
> installers).

I was certainly just thinking of being able to supply a command line
which, given a URL, would produce the file on stdout (in  the case of
curl, "curl %s" is the basic command, possibly with proxy-type
options added).

I don't see the need for using pycurl - and doing so would exclude use
of other utilities like wget.

Paul.
--
The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate
it. -- Franklin P. Jones