"Martin v. Löwis" writes:

 > I don't think any of the core committers is qualified to write such
 > a document. Instead, it would have to be written by people who
 > *actually* ported a project from 2 to 3 in some form.

Note that this is precisely the kind of experience Skip Montanaro is
talking about trying to generate in the context of SpamBayes in a
thread on the python-3000 list entitled "Strategy for porting to 3.0?"
I don't know if he plans to write a HOWTO himself, but he certainly
intends to keep a lab notebook that will be of help in writing such a
document.