Le jeudi 02 octobre 2008 à 13:35 +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven a
écrit :
> -On [20081002 13:29], Josselin Mouette ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >There’s definitely no problem with shipping them in an egg, as long as
> >it is possible to ship them at standard locations.
>
> Standard according to whom though?
>
> Contrary to many Linux systems, for example, the BSDs tend to install Python
> files to /usr/local or /usr/pkg (if using pkgsrc) and not /usr. I'm sure
> /opt is also still widely used.

That’s not a problem. The only thing that is needed is to be able to
select the path at installation time, just like we do with autoconf.

BTW, I’m all for making /usr/local the default, since /usr being the
default leads to manual installation overwriting packages instead of
going to /usr/local.

> Furthermore, if by standard you mean */share/locale/XX/LC_MESSAGES/, what
> good would an egg do at that place?

In the egg distribution, they can go at another place. Again, not a
problem as long as we have a flag somewhere that can install them to the
place we like.

 .''`.