At 11:55 PM 2/21/2009 +0100, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
Hi Phillip,

Some changes in distutils/sdist are breaking some commands in
setuptools' egg_info because of a getattr that make a recursive error,

I think it could be a great thing to fix it as soon as possible before
Python 2.6.1 is out,

I am available if you need more info on this

At a bare minimum, the Python SVN revision numbers and the resulting traceback would be helpful. A bug filed to the setuptools tracker would probably also be a good idea, so that I'm not the only person who can look at it or provide a fix... either for setuptools or the stdlib, as appropriate.