Stow (and encap) are great little nice tools but hardly they
fit the rpm-linux ecosystem.

A typical situation stow/encap cannot handle is when there're
two library versions installed (*.so) and the related headers:
in this case rpm can handle this situation where stow/encap
doesn't help very much.

Regards,
Antonio