On 2009-04-20 15:49, Christian Hudon wrote:

The only thing I'd need would be way to reliably determine if I'm
dealing with setuptools-based setup.py or not. I can always call "python
setup.py installl --help" and look if
--single-version-externally-managed is present in the output. Is there a
cleaner version of doing this?

You could ensure that you always have a setuptools-based setup.py:

python -c "import setuptools; execfile('setup.py')" install
--single-version-.....

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."