On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Reinout van Rees<rein...@vanrees.org> wrote:
> First things first: what I want to accomplish is to install pyflakes and
> docutils in a buildout.  That is, I want to have a bin/pyflakes and bin/rst2*
> scripts.
>
> - Buildout listens to the console_scripts entry point.
>
> - pyflakes and docutils use the (apparently old) scripts=['scripts/pyflakes']
>  option instead of a console_scripts entry point.
>

> So I have three choices:
>
> - Ask pyflakes and docutils to use the console_scripts entry point.  Is there
>  a reason not to use console_scripts?  The "scripts=[]" comes from plain
>  distutils which is in the official python distribution and setuptools is
>  an add-on.  Can this be a cause?
>
> - Fix up buildout to also support scripts=[].  (I'm trying that one right
>  now).
>
> - Write a wrapper library that depends on pyflakes/docutils and provides
>  proper entry points.  Feels a bit dirty.

if the code called in scripts/pyflakes is using a function from the
pyflakes package,
you could also add in a zc.recipe.eggs section in your buildout an
explicit entry_point like this:

[scripts]
recipe= zc.recipe.eggs
eggs =
    pyflakes

entry-points =
    pyflakes=pyflakes.somemodule:main

where main is the function to launch is the somemodule module in pyflakes for
instance

Cheers
Tarek

--