On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Jim Fulton<j...@zope.com> wrote:

> Yeah, it's too bad that the meta data is lost.  It amazes me how
> willing distutils and setuptools are to toss meta data passed to
> setup.

Are your referring to the Package Metadata ? (eg the PEP 314 that
lands in the PKG-INFO)

'scripts' is just an argument that is used by the commands to generate
the scripts,

I don't think they should land in the Package Metadata, but I think we should
have an API for any installed distribution to list them.

Right now PEP 376 proposes a RECORD file that lists all files
installed for a distribution,
but maybe we could have a flag that indicates that a file is an
executable script

How does that sounds ?

Tarek