I'm struggling to articulate something here. When the maintainer of the stable branch of a platform that I rely on says "The fact that upgrading to our recent stable release will break this critical functionality is so-and-so's fault, not ours." this reduces my confidence in that maintainer. Not because he's wrong! Maybe it *is* so-and-so's fault. But what I'm looking for in the maintainer of a stable platform is someone who says "Maybe this wasn't our fault, but here are the steps we're taking to get you back on your feet as soon as possible.".

Regards,

Zooko