Tarek Ziadé wrote:
Sorry I won't run a new poll again, Distribute is the name.

Besides, it's already on page #1 on google when I type 'python
disribute' or 'distribute python'

*shrugs*

I will state now that I will fight tooth and nail before anything called "distribute" gets into the stdlib that has nothing to do with distribution.

That said, the sooner bits and pieces (version comparision, standard metadata, building of eggs, installation and removal of packages from a file system path) make it into the stdlib, the better.

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk