On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:54:29 +0200, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.ta...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> But what really matters at the end is to provide a new Metadata format
> where these marker are present, so any consumer
> can play with them (and Distutils provide an API to play with them :
> the DistributionMetadata class)

I'm fine with this.

Although I suggest that we could clean up the language a bit using
some of the conditional compound ideas from what I'm working on.

> So please, have a look at the new section I've added here with the
> syntax I am proposing :

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0390/#impact-on-pkg-info-generation-and-pep-314

  Metadata-Version: 1.2
  Name: distribute
  Version: 0.6.4
  Requires: pywin32, bar > 1.0; sys_platform == 'win32'
  Requires: foo; os_machine == 'i386'
  Requires: bar; python_version == '2.4' or python_version == '2.5'
  Requires: baz; 'linux' in sys_platform
  Obsoletes = pywin31; sys_platform == 'win32'
  Classifier: Development Status :: 5 - Production/Stable
  Classifier: Intended Audience :: Developers
  Classifier: License :: OSI Approved :: Python Software Foundation License

something like this (as best I can read the other format):

  Metadata-Version: 1.2
  Name: distribute
  Version: 0.6.4
  Requires: (windows) pywin32, bar > 1.0
  Requires: (linux-suse-kde-64) foo
  Requires: (python < 2.5) bar
  Requires: (linux) baz
  Obsoletes = (windows) pywin31
  Classifier: Development Status :: 5 - Production/Stable
  Classifier: Intended Audience :: Developers
  Classifier: License :: OSI Approved :: Python Software Foundation License

Regards

David