On 2010-03-29 11:29 AM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Tarek Ziadé<ziade.ta...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:41 PM, anatoly techtonik<techto...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Tarek Ziadé<ziade.ta...@gmail.com>  wrote:
[..]
http://guide.python-distribute.org

I can see any FAQ. To me the FAQ is something that could be posted to
distutils ML once a month to reflect current state of packaging. It
should also carry version number. So anybody can comment on the FAQ,
ask another question or ask to make a change.

The guide was built by people in the community, and contains a
"current state of packaging" section.
We are trying to keep it accurate with what we are doing.

You have a mailing list where you can ask question, and you are
welcome to contribute changes.

Adding a "FAQ" containing links to sections in the guide, or a
summarized answered is a good idea though !

If do not post a link to exact chapter in the FAQ as a full response
to user's question at least once a week then it is not a FAQ.

I don't understand what's "once a week" means.

For me a FAQ is a list of questions. We add a new question everytime someone
ask it and it doesn't exists. We correct the answers when they evolve.
No matter when these events occur.

For example, http://www.faqs.org/faqs/happyman-faq/
Note that this is an email and it has version.

If FAQ is posted monthly or weekly - you may refer people to the
relevant mail in archive. Everybody can just reply to a FAQ email to
ask a new question or correct an omission.

This style of maintaining a FAQ has long since fallen out of fashion. No one seems to want to volunteer to maintain a FAQ this way, so I suggest dropping the issue.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco