On 2013-05-28 16:31:02 +0000, Martin v. Löwis said:

Am 28.05.13 11:04, schrieb Christian Theune:
So - what's the next step that can happen ASAP?

In addition to the changes Donald already did, I think it would be
wise to restart mirroring at min(last_serial, last_mirroring - 1 minute).

We dropped considering serials as timestamps. One of the reasons pep381client was getting inconsistent was that was abusing something that is a serial as a timestamp.

Comparing serials and times does not make (too much) sense any longer.

I don't want to introduce this again.

This will cause any simple pages to be re-downloaded that had been
updated just before the last mirror run completed.

If you aren't checking md5sums of files after download, you should
(I always wanted to put this into pep381client).

Right, I managed to include this in bandersnatch.

Christian