On Tue, 4/2/14, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No hearing? You haven't answered *any* of our technical
> objections, instead dismissing them all as irrelevant.

Because you advanced no specific technical objections,
instead invoking generalisations. If you prefer the status quo
because it's easier to explain (i.e. there's nothing to explain),
that's not a technical objection in my book.

However you want to look at it, that's fine by me. The example
of distil shows that the status quo is not the only way of doing
things, and I'll remain interested in any feedback from anyone
regarding specific failures of distil in terms of practical
workflows that aren't possible. "Doesn't need to be
installed in a venv" or "runs as a single file" isn't a failure from
my POV, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

But, as you say, let's drop it. Jonathan Swift's observation
applies.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip