On 9 Mar 2014 01:50, "Daniel Holth" <dho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some packaging systems do not have the same 1:1 source : distribution
> relationship that is so prominent in the distutils model. This should
> probably change long term.

Huh, I hadn't thought about that, and I really should have, since RPM is
one such system where you can get multiple binary RPMs from a single source
RPM. On the other hand, "installing" an SRPM just drops it into the
rpmbuild SRPM directory - it doesn't implicitly build anything.

So yes, I agree that once we get to fixing the build side of things, we may
need to figure out a way to handle multiple binary artifacts coming from a
single source artifact *on the same platform and Python version*.