On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Richard Jones <rich...@python.org> wrote:
> Do you have any idea of the number of existing packages that would fit under
> each of those categories? I'm only asking because I wonder whether we need
> all four right now.

A quick search using the PyPI search box suggests there are a *lot* of
extensions (a couple of hundred?) and even themes (dozens; more than I
expected).  I'm not sure how to search for sphinx-related software
other than extensions or themes with that UI.

I was surprised at just how many relevant packages were listed (a
testament to Sphinx's well-deserved success); I suspect the categories
are justified.  Getting the appropriate package maintainers to be
aware of and apply them is another matter.  That gets back to the
guidance question, which is really separate from this.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein