On 15 May 2015 at 23:48, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
> I think that it's time to retire this aspect of PyPI which has never been well
> supported and instead focus on just the things that are core to PyPI. I don't
> have a fully concrete proposal for doing this, but I wanted to reach out here
> and figure out if anyone had any ideas.

Re-reading the current draft of PEP 470, it's worth noting we
currently mention pythonhosted.org in as a means of hosting a separate
index page for a project that would like to host packages externally:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0470/#deprecation-and-removal-of-link-spidering

That's not a reason to avoid deprecating the documentation hosting
functionality in favour of ReadTheDocs and static HTML hosting
services, just something to take into account.

Regards,