Am 14.04.2016 um 20:50 schrieb John Wong:

    On Apr 14, 2016 2:20 AM, "Thomas Güttler" <guettl...@thomas-guettler.de
<mailto:guettl...@thomas-guettler.de>> wrote:
    > Next use case: you use software third-party-foo-lib in your project.
    > Up to now you use it as package. You find a bug and want to fix it.
    > Wouldn't it be great if you could just type "pip install -e
third-party-foo-lib"
    > and now you are read to create pull requests?

How is this different from 1) fork, 2) update your requirements.txt file
pointing to the new fork? I guess -e directly
from pip install would be an ad-hoc install of a python library...

Sorry, the term "pull request" was too much. See my other reply from a second
ago.

Please ask again, if you have further question.

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/