On 05/12/2016 12:33 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
Both Donald and Nathaniel say to drop it, and since I put it in just to be overly cautious I'm fine with dropping it. So unless Nick says "semantics-version or death!", I agree w/ my co-authors and would update the PEP to say:

 1. no semantics-version
 2. [build-system] instead of [package.build-system]

FWIW, as a someone who is not highly involved, but following this discussion b/c I maintain projects/packages, I like the simplicity and readability of this. +1

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/