On 14Jul2016 0619, Daniel D. Beck wrote:
Free-form, user-generated content on PyPI would become a pathway for
harassment and abuse. Introducing user-generated content on PyPI would
necessarily put an emotional burden on package maintainers in addition
to the maintenance burden (unless PyPI moderators are going to screen
content before maintainers and users see it—given the dearth of
resources for PyPI as it is, this strikes me as exceedingly unlikely).

This is why I listed a set of restrictions to help prevent that:

* 140 chars (flexible, but short enough to prevent rants)
* users must be logged in
* no external links
* maintainers can delete/dispute comments
* clear comments on each new release
* one comment per user per package (implied, but I didn't explicitly call it out in my previous email)

Do you really think this will be worse than the current state, where abusers *only* have access Twitter, github, reddit and email to harass package maintainers?

Assuming harassment is not going to be a problem, is there value in letting people add comments directly on the page where users seem to keep ending up?

Cheers,
Steve