If you have an alternate way to represent a graph with JSON, which is
indexable as as RDF named graph quads and cryptographically signable
irrespective of data ordering or representation format  (RDFa, JSONLD) with
ld-signatures,
I'd be interested to hear how said format solves for that problem.

These contain checksums.

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/ld-signatures/

RDFa (with http://schema.org/SoftwareApplication and pypa:-specific classes
and properties (types and attributes) for things like SupersededBy)) would
be advantageous because, then, public and local RDF(a) search engines could
easily assist with structured data search.

Adding data-request-pythonver *is* a stopgap solution which, initially,
seems less bandwidth-burdensome; but requires all downstream data consumers
to re-implement and ad-hoc parser;
which is unnecessary if it's already understood that a graph description
semantics which works in JSON (as JSONLD) and HTML has already solved that
problem many times over.