On 15 December 2016 at 15:58, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 December 2016 at 01:38, Wes Turner <wes.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, December 15, 2016, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This answer hasn't changed the last dozen times you've brought up
>>> JSON-LD. It isn't *going* to change. So please stop bringing it up.
>>

>> No, the problem is the same; and solving it (joining user-specific package
>> metadata with central repository metadata on a common URI) with web
>> standards is the best approach.
>
> Then do what Donald did with crate.io: go develop your own PyPI
> competitor that uses your new and better approach to prove your point.
>
> As things stand, you're just generating noise and link spam on the
> list, and asking politely for you to stop it doesn't appear to be
> working

Just to add my POV, I also find your posts unhelpful, Wes. There's not
enough information for me to evaluate what you say, and you offer no
actual solutions to what's being discussed.

As Nick says, if you can demonstrate what you're suggesting via a
prototype implementation, that might help. But endless posts of links
to standards documents that I have neither the time nor the
inclination to read are not useful.

Paul